Monday, May 4, 2009

My Natural Look is Getting Close

A year ago I made the decision to skip my hair coloring appointment and listen to my heart that kept saying, "This isn't you." I explain more about my reasons for returning to my natural hair color in Why Go Natural?

When I originally began this journey back to my natural hair color, I hoped it would be a quick process. After a year of letting it grow out and cutting my hair shorter, I still have about two-three inches of colored hair. So, maybe another six months and then I will be completely natural. It is taking longer than I hoped, but it feels like me and so far, I have received lots of positive feedback which feels good. My natural hair is darker than the colored with gray highlights - maybe not the look everyone is looking for, but it fits me.