Thursday, July 23, 2009

Note to Self

Note to self (again). YOU CANNOT EAT PIZZA.

I have a real weakness when it comes to pizza. My diet can be super clean and I am feeling well and know better, but then I have a long day and all I can think of is pizza and a glass of wine. So, guess what we had last night? Yes. Pizza. Not even gluten free pizza.

So, this morning I woke up with stiff fingers and an upset stomach. It won't last longer than today. I know because I have put myself through this before. Unfortunately the lesson never seems to stick as long as it should. So, today will be a day of fruits and veggies as I try to clean out my system and remind it (again) that it feels better when I stay loyal to my diet.

*Dr. Mercola has an article out today about the rising number of people with celiac disease.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my that is a good note to self. Like you however my note gets lost every once in awhile and I do the same thing. Maybe we just need to do that every now and again and it sure is yummy! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even gluten free pizza? That's odd why do you think this might be?

    The pizza we have here at my house is usually a homemade gluten free herb crush topped with cooked swiss chard, onions, and raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,
    I know you understand where I am at. :) It was yummy. I now just eat it without remorse (well, at least until the next day).

    RA Guy,
    Generally I make gluten free pizza crust also but sometimes it still doesn't set well with me. I think it is the combination of ingredients I add to the pizza that don't set well with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving up Pizza must be really hard!

    Hope your tummy and fingers feel better!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete