Friday, July 3, 2009

The Simplest Things

"I find relaxation, enjoyment, and healing in the simplest things in life."
- Louise Hay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you ever just look at some of your friends and think, "How did I get so lucky to find you?"

Yesterday one of my best friends in the world and her two kids drove two and half hours to visit us. I always feel reflective after her visits because we talk about so much.

1) Karen and I have been on the same educational path with our children since the day we met. There are few people I meet in life that understand unschooling the same way I do and it is so nice to just sit and talk about our children and our philosophies freely.

2) Karen understands alternative health and has supported me over the years in my choices. I always look forward to sharing with her what I am currently trying and to hear about her new adventures.

3) I admire Karen and her ability to try new things. Her family just returned from a week long driving trip to Oregon. They camped out each night as they made their way to a Raw Food Fest.
During the trip her two kids came to her individually and thanked her for taking them on the trip. She is an amazing role model for them and me!

4) I like that during our last visit I was sharing stories about a friendship that has ended and after listening Karen said, "Why do you think she came into your life?" I love that! I love how she believes every person that comes into our life comes for a reason.

5) With almost every visit to our house her son says, "This was the best day of my life." Wow!

2 comments:

  1. How fortunate that you and Karen were able to become a part of one another's life, it sounds like a wonderful and supportive friendship!

    Thanks for sharing! I'm taking relaxing thoughts of this into my weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, looks like I'm going to have to give number 4 some serious consideration.

    Sounds like your friend is also a great role model for you and vice versa.

    It's so great to have something to be thankful for, huh? Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete