Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reconnecting

Last night I took a little nap and then I couldn't fall asleep at bedtime and ended up tossing and turning for several hours. Around 2am I could hear Alexander and Sophia still up talking and laughing. The mom in me wanted to say, "Hey guys, you need to get to bed. It is late." But something in me held back and thought, "They have had some upsets in their relationship this week and they need this time alone to reconnect." Like any two people in a relationship, they have their ups and downs, but they seem to know how to reconnect and keep their relationship strong. I like that about them. I also love not being able to hear what they are talking about. The laughter that comes from the unheard words is plenty for me.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet - and what happy sounds for their Mom to hear!

    There are six years between my sister and me, which made for a sometimes competitive relationship when we were children, but as we've gotten older we've become so much closer and have so much fun together.

    I'm glad Alexander and Sophia do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great mom and it definitely shows in your kids!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete