Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Simplest Things

"I find relaxation, enjoyment, and healing in the simplest things in life."


Sometimes life just feels right and you need to share.


Highlights of my week:

~I have been using our kitchen table as my desk area for way too long. I have had a vision of what I wanted for my workspace, but haven't done much to make it happen. I knew I wanted to find something used and found the above desk and chair on Craigslist yesterday for a great price. Steve and Alexander picked it up for me today. I LOVE it.

~Sophia was fitted for two different costumes on Friday night. This is her first play. Trying on costumes felt so exciting. I am glad I was included. I am beginning to think I am as excited about this play as she is. What I value most from our experience so far with this theatre group is how supportive the kids and adults are to each other. I am glad Sophia is in this environment.

~I started a new class on Thursday morning. I have 12 woman and one man. About 3/4 of the students were in my lower level classes so I felt comfortable the first day. It will be a fun quad. Also, since my evening class was cut, I have all my evenings free for the first time in nine years!

~I met three of my students at Starbucks Saturday morning for what they called our "social time" together. They are a blast. In May they will graduate from our ESL program, but I hope we continue our monthly get togethers.

~Physically I didn't feel too bad. My knee, hand, and feet are still feeling some pain, but overall, not too bad. I was able to get out and do some more walking this week which I enjoyed and the coming week promises warm temperatures.

~Life is good for Cateepoo.

5 comments:

  1. Your "new" desk is beautiful! I am smiling thinking of you sitting there sharing with us your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your Facebook comment Cathy, I had to see your new desk, I love it...the wood & iron is perfect together. You and your family are having so much fun! Who knew you could make duct tape flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful desk and chair. Great find, and I'm glad it makes you happy. May you spend a lot of pleasurable time there.

    Hoping as well that you'll continue to feel better as this last bad flare fades into memory. I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday.
    -Wren

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful desk. I love having a peaceful, pretty workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm jealous! I love that desk!

    ReplyDelete