Thursday, May 20, 2010

RA Super Model????

Rheumatoid Arthritis is taking a stronger hold of my body and I am finding the only thing that relieves the pain is to smile and leave the world of pain to one of happy thoughts and laughter. In the past, I rarely experienced hip pain and never pain in my spine and into my ribs. However, since Thursday or Friday, RA has exposed me to a continuous pain in these areas that is challenging me in all new ways. In addition, my fingers, shoulders, neck, knees and feet are stiff and/or swollen. I am so glad I can stay in my pajamas all day today.

I was just instant messaging with my husband and told him I am afraid to go back to bed because it is so much work to get out of bed, even though I desperately need more sleep. He said, "Well, if it makes you feel any better, you look really sexy." I know, TMI, right? It really made me smile though. He is like that. Just when I need him to, he makes me smile. I told him that maybe I could get a gig as a RA Super Model. Why not? A lot of cool things have happened to people once RA entered their lives. Maybe this is what I was meant to do with RA - show that you can still be sexy as you are crawling out of bed.