Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Simplest Things: Cleaning the Bathroom

I don't think a person can truly appreciate the wonderful feeling you can get from cleaning your bathroom until you aren't able to do it anymore.  The last few times I have cleaned the bathroom, it has been the deep cleaning where you finally get rid of stains in the tub and clean way behind the toilet.  For the last several years, I haven't been able to bend over long enough to clean behind the toilet due to my knees being too stiff/painful and my fingers have been too stiff to give the bathtub the cleaning it needed.  I am honestly glad to be cleaning the bathroom again.  I think my family is too!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean by this Cathy. I know I don't have RA, but I have chronic daily pain with this TMD situation and it can be a really eye-opening experience. I have learned to appreciate the simple things in life much, much more.

    I decided not to talk about it on my blog anymore about the TMD but I am working with a neuromuscular dentist now who I believe is really going to help me. I think I found the right place. I am still blending my foods and still in pain, but not AS much as I was and the headaches are gone. I guess you have to be thankful for even small progress! I know I will get there.

    Blessings to you and your family, have a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete