Sunday, April 10, 2011

Good-bye

Early this morning my dad passed away.  He was at home, surrounded by lots of love, just the way he wanted it.
  
I am looking forward to spending time this week with all five of my siblings, their families, my stepmom, and my mom. I know a lot of happy memories will be shared. My family in Kansas has been so wonderful in keeping me up to date and a part of his last days. Within minutes of my sister calling with the news, my stepmom sent me an “I love you” message. This is how she has been through all of this, putting our hearts before anything else. No wonder my dad loved her so much. I really do have an awesome family.

Thanks for all your warm thoughts and prayers. They have helped and will continue to help. I can’t even begin to explain how lucky I feel to have been loved by him all my years. He has left me with a lot and I am so thankful for that.

Dad and Cathy 2007