Monday, February 17, 2014

Live Bold, Live Now with Lene Andersen

Lene Andersen, a good friend and fellow Show Us Your Hands Board member, shares her rheumatoid arthritis story at Live Bold, Live Now.

Lene is a true pioneer when it comes to rheumatoid arthritis.  She was diagnosed before there were meds that made huge changes in how people feel and live with rheumatoid arthritis.  She has spent years advocating for people with disabilities.

Besides learning more about Lene and her journey in this video book, I loved hearing from Lene's mom, sister, and boyfriend.   Lene's mother and sister very eloquently share their thoughts and feelings on Lene's rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis as a child.  I think we so often focus on our family not understanding how WE are dealing with our diagnosis and forget that they are also dealing with it. I loved how proud they both are of her and her wonderful accomplishments. My favorite part of the video book was at the end when Lene and her boyfriend are walking hand in hand.  So beautiful.

If you have not yet seen Lene Andersen's Live Bold, Live Now video book, please spend some time with it.


 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this, Cathy. Was very important to me to hear what my mother and sister and David had to say (as well as my friend Ken who didn't make it into the final documentary). Listening to them tell their side made me really emotional. When it is important that there are more conversations between the person living with RA and their family and friends about how they feel. I think it would ultimately make us feel less alone

    ReplyDelete