Saturday, July 8, 2017

Dog Helps You Live Better With Chronic Illness



For 10 years now I have shared my life with a border collie named Izzy. She was welcomed into our home at a time when my rheumatoid arthritis (RA) seemed under control. While Izzy is technically a family dog, she is really my dog. I am the one she follows around the house, or “talks” to at night when she wants out or is scared by a storm. It’s my side of the bed she sleeps on during the day. I believe Izzy came into our lives for many reasons, but most importantly, she came for me. She came to teach me how to live better with my chronic illness. 

To read the entire article, visit me at RAHealthCentral.

1 comment:

  1. We lost little Samantha this past winner and she was such a good little pup. She always made me laugh. I hope I made her laugh as well.

    ReplyDelete