Tuesday, July 25, 2017

How to Stop Yo-Yo Exercising with RA

In October 2017, I turn 50! My sister recently asked me what I want to accomplish before turning a half century old. “I want exercise to be a part of my life again. I want to feel strong,” I said. Until six years ago, regular workouts had always been a part of my life. I wanted them back. I was tired of yo-yo exercising — starting a workout plan, stopping, and starting again.

Sharing this goal out loud somehow made all the difference in the world to me. I was ready. To succeed, I had to take some realities into consideration, such as the fact that I would be 50 soon and that I have rheumatoid arthritis (RA). I stopped working out years ago when my body started responding negatively to exercise. I had to find a plan that would work for my current body.  To read more, check out my newest post at RAHealthCentral. 

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I've been working on a walking program since January and progressed to walking 4 miles a day most days. Then in June I banged up my knee. Now that it's better it's easy to stay out of the habit. I remembered this post and this morning I got up and laced up my shoes and headed out (even in really hot, humid Dallas summer weather). I only made it two miles, not four, but it's a start. Thanks for helping me stay on track.

    ReplyDelete