Tuesday, September 23, 2008

These Shoes Are Made For Walkin'

These shoes have been a lifesaver! In December, while still on meds, my feet went through another painful time. One evening I searched the internet and cried to Steve that I was going to have to resort to wearing "old lady" shoes. The next morning he sent me an email from work that he found a shoe store in Chicago that specializes in feet problems.

What a wonderful experience! The sales guy at Waxbergs spent lots of time with me and gave me some wonderful information about RA and shoes. He said I might think I need something with a lot of cushion because of the pain, but instead I needed a firm shoe that didn't let my foot slide. He said if the foot slides, it creates more problems in a foot with arthritis. He recommmended I try a Dansko shoe that is approved by the APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association). With Steve's encouragement, I bought two pairs of shoes that day and then these wonderful sandals that I have worn every single day this spring and summer. My feet have never felt better. Thank you Waxberg salesman. You did more for my feet in one visit than my rheumatologist did in four years of medication!