Saturday, February 14, 2009

Baoding Balls for Rheumatoid Arthritis

At a recent visit with my chiropractor, he recommended baoding balls as a way to use my right middle finger which is being very stubborn. Most of the time, this finger does not want to bend on its own and therefore, I have just stopped using it. I started using the balls about two weeks ago and love them. Not only are they good exercise for my fingers but I feel like they give my wrists a good workout too. At first they are awkward but it doesn't take long to get them moving quickly. The kids are also using them but I am determined to stay one step ahead of them so I can impress them with my new moves.

Here are some of the benefits of Baoding Balls:
~Builds up finger coordination and hand strength.
~Excellent for relieving arthritis and maintaining manual dexterity.
~By manipulating them in your hand, you can also work the forearm and shoulder muscles, since they are connected.
~Your ten fingers are interconnected with the human cranial nerve, as well as important human organs such as the intestines, stomach, gallbladder, kidneys, lungs, spleen, liver and heart. When the meridians are stimulated, there is improved circulation of vital energy and blood in our bodies.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned this. For a time when I began my detox I had pain in my middle fingers. My chiropractor said it was not arthritis. Then when I mentioned my detox, he said it was related to the meridians in my body and I don't remember if he said it was the liver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I'm not sure I could even do that once at this point.

    I'm going to have to get a pair of those and see if I can't strengthen my left arm a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks pretty neat. i try to move my fingers around whenever im sitting still, but that looks like more fun!

    ReplyDelete