Friday, July 10, 2009

This is a new day!

This is a new day!
-Louise Hay Daily Affirmation


After a week of some financial setbacks and a stubborn knee that decided to do some work in the reverse, I think I am almost back to feeling myself again. Thanks to everyone for your positive thoughts and words. They helped a lot.

Over the years of dealing with RA I have learned much about myself. Often when I am in the mist of a flare-up I will say to myself, "You haven't learned everything you need from this disease yet." I have it in my head that when I have learned all I need to learn from this experience, the pain and swelling will disappear and I will move on to a new learning experience. So, when I have several days of feeling good, I start believing I have learned everything I need from this disease. But, not yet. I have more to learn, more to do.

So, today is a new day! One thing I do know about myself is that I like to see life through sunny glasses and today will be no different. I need not think about the days that have passed but look forward to this new day and all that it has to bring me!