Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Everyday Health Blog Post

Check out this week's post about My Addiction to Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I am not sure yet how I feel about writing a weekly post for Everyday Health. It is always therapeutic to write about my experiences with rheumatoid arthritis and honestly I love writing. I appreciate that this gives me one more outlet to share my way of thinking about rheumatoid arthritis. But, I also believe that I think about rheumatoid arthritis too much.

As I enter week two of my diet, I feel a need to back away from all things RA related and I am not sure how I feel about having to purposely focus on rheumatoid arthritis every week. I feel the need to see myself free of RA and see myself doing the things I want to do. I hesitate in saying this because I don't want any of my friends in the RA community to think that I don't appreciate their stories and support because it isn't that at all. I just feel like I become too consumed sometimes with reading about the lives of others and this can throw me off track of my own beliefs in healing. I realize that my approach to rheumatoid arthritis is quite different than the majority and for some is maybe even viewed as being irresponsible or in denial because I am not taking the medication route. But, it is the right track for me. So, even though I may not be reading as many RA blogs right now, please know that I am still sending healing thoughts to all of my RA blogger friends. I just need to take a temporary break from RA for now.