Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life is Good

This morning I spent some time rereading previous posts I have made on this blog.  As I read through many of them, I could feel the pain I felt at the time.  It brought tears to my eyes. As I read others, I felt the hope and relief that has come to me in the last several months.  Life is definitely getting easier. 

Two weeks ago I started a workout program with Steve that is pretty intense.  Although I am making a few changes here and there,  I am doing a pretty good job of keeping up.  In two weeks I can already feel a difference in my body.  It is stronger.  Weak joints are gaining strength.  It feels great to be working out with Steve and to be accomplishing so much physically.

I have finished two weeks of physical therapy.  I still have two weeks scheduled. It has helped the pain in my shoulder a lot.  I can't make a fist yet, but I am getting closer to that goal.  At first I didn't want to work these joints because it was uncomfortable, but now I find myself doing my exercises any time I sit idle.

My rheumatologist recommended focusing on "fatter" parts of my legs when giving my shots to avoid the rash I get after injection.  This hasn't eliminated the problem, but the rash is smaller and lasts for a shorter period.  One day I will try it in my stomach. She feels I will have good luck there.  I am so thankful that Enbrel is responding so well to my body.

Lots of good things are happening in my life.  I have recently given up some responsibilities that no longer nourish me.   One of these responsibilities was to my husband and was initially hard for me, but already I see how the change was good for both of us.  The other was giving up responsibilities for one of our homeschooling groups.  I thought this would be more difficult than it was.  This group has been "my baby" for several years.  I am super happy about the two moms that volunteered to take over responsibilities and feel excited that I can now put my energies into other activities for my kids while still enjoying the friendships we have made with this group. 

My new Monday/Wednesday ESL teaching gig involves team teaching with two other gals.  I haven't team taught since I taught elementary school.  I really enjoy it.  I came in during the middle of the semester and both gals have been more than welcoming to me.  I believe that my teaching abilities will be brought to a new level due to their influences.

My life just gets better and better and also busier and busier.  I am not one that enjoys a busy life.  However, I feel that with all the new things, I am giving up some old and the new things are going to bring joy to all four of us in the long run.  I am glad my body is able to handle all that it is being asked to do.  I am glad to be doing things again.  Life is good for Cateepoo!