Monday, March 7, 2011

Hello Rheumatoid Arthritis

Hello RA.  Yes, I know, you are back.   I have felt you making your way back into my life the last few weeks through my feet.  I was on to you.  I know you like to hit the feet first so I wasn't surprised when you came to me in my sleep two nights ago and invaded my right hip.  That's okay.  I honestly haven't missed you all these months that you have been away, but I knew you would return.  I had finally passed the stage of worrying about your return each morning I wake up, but I knew it would happen. I wasn't foolish enough to believe that our relationship was over. I do need to warn you about something RA.  I am now physically and emotionally stronger than I was last time you visited.  You may still make me cry in pain and frustration, but what I have now is months of good days stored in my memory and they will see me through this tough spot.  Plus, I have had months of exercise that have made my body strong and balanced and makes dealing with you that much easier.  So, bring it on!  I am ready.  (Kind of.)