Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rheumatoid Arthritis: Getting Back on the Bicycle

We all have activities we enjoy doing in life and when rheumatoid arthritis comes knocking at our door, there is a huge fear of it taking away those very activities that we love. For me, bike riding is the thing I love doing. During the worst of times with my rheumatoid arthritis, I was willing to give up a lot of other things, but not my bike riding. I tried riding when my knees were swollen and sore, I tried riding when my fingers could barely grasp the brakes, and I rode when my shoulders were stiff and hollered in pain. Why? It was just one thing I could not give up easily.


What is the one activity that you have a difficult time giving up? What gives you hope for a brighter future?

To read the complete story of getting back on my bicycle, go to MyRACentral.