Sunday, May 14, 2017

Self-Care with a Chronic Illness: Meditate

It's Arthritis Awareness Month! This month I am challenging you to take a little time each day and practice better self-care. Each day in May, I plan to share one simple way you can show yourself some love and appreciation.

Meditate. In the past, I had a love/hate relationship with mediation. I loved the way I felt afterwards and knew I needed more of it but with a family that seems to never sleep and a highly energized dog, finding a quiet place to sit by myself was a struggle.

Then I discovered Buddhify who describes themselves as "modern mindfulness for busy lives" and can be used "wherever you are," I was instantly hooked.

With this phone app a person can practice mindfulness sitting in a traditional meditation pose, on a walk, while cooking or eating, and even while enjoying a nice bubble bath. The meditations last anywhere from five minutes to about 18 minutes. Just choose the topic of meditation you are looking for.  It's a nice way to refocus on what really matters in life. Plus, the ideas you take from the meditations creep up on you throughout the day and remind you to be kind to yourself and others.

*I was NOT paid to share Buddhify, I just LOVE it and want to share it with the world.

1 comment:

  1. I tried meditation. Unfortunately, I as not really good with it. It seems my Apple IPhone kept distracting me. Bad IPhone bad IPhone.

    ReplyDelete