Thursday, May 21, 2009

When I Grow Up I Want To.....

I have always felt like I had callings in life - things I was meant to do. When I taught elementary school, it felt right. I knew I was good and I felt like I was meant to be where I was at the time. My unique experiences while teaching helped guide me to who I am today. When I became a momma, something deep within me told me that my place was home with my babies. As much as I enjoyed my job, I knew that my real calling was with my own children. It has always felt right and still does. Homeschooling/unschooling has also always felt right - like I was called to this way of life. My evening job feels right too, but I know someday I will want to do something different. I know I never want to go back to teaching children, my philosophy of education has grown too much for that!

I have a sense of what I want to do but can't put my finger on it yet - maybe because the time isn't right. I know I want it to be a part-time job with flexible hours so that I can always fulfill my calling to be mom and someday grandma! For some reason I keep seeing the word "touch". I don't know what that means yet, but it excites me to think of where it might lead me.........to what I might do when I grow up.