Thursday, May 21, 2009

When I Grow Up I Want To.....

I have always felt like I had callings in life - things I was meant to do. When I taught elementary school, it felt right. I knew I was good and I felt like I was meant to be where I was at the time. My unique experiences while teaching helped guide me to who I am today. When I became a momma, something deep within me told me that my place was home with my babies. As much as I enjoyed my job, I knew that my real calling was with my own children. It has always felt right and still does. Homeschooling/unschooling has also always felt right - like I was called to this way of life. My evening job feels right too, but I know someday I will want to do something different. I know I never want to go back to teaching children, my philosophy of education has grown too much for that!

I have a sense of what I want to do but can't put my finger on it yet - maybe because the time isn't right. I know I want it to be a part-time job with flexible hours so that I can always fulfill my calling to be mom and someday grandma! For some reason I keep seeing the word "touch". I don't know what that means yet, but it excites me to think of where it might lead me.........to what I might do when I grow up.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful concept, having a sense of direction without knowing what the final destination is. Too often we get caught up in running from goal to goal and forget to enjoy the journey in between.

    ReplyDelete