Saturday, November 6, 2010

Strength and Flexibility

Highlight of my day:  Sophia and I went to a yoga class together this morning.  On the way home she said, "Why were you able to do more of the moves than me?  A few months ago you couldn't even sit on the floor?"  It is true.  My workouts (cardio, weights, yoga) have continued almost as if I haven't taken almost two years off.  Granted, I worked out whenever my body allowed, but for the most part, actual workouts just didn't happen.  Yet, my strength and flexibility have returned strong.

I felt proud today that Sophia noticed my strength and flexibility.  I knew she was proud of me too.  The last several years I have felt weak physically.  That isn't how I want my almost teenage daughter to see me.  Today she saw me as I want her to see me; as a strong woman who is always challenging herself to improve!