Sunday, June 30, 2013

Chicago's 25 Mile L.A.T.E. Ride

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that a 25 mile bike ride during my regular sleeping hours can be totally exhilarating. Starting shortly after 1:00 am this morning, my husband and son along with a few friends participated in The L.A.T.E Ride.  This ride started off at Buckingham Fountain, led us through various Chicago communities, and back around to Lake Michigan. The ride provided a sneak peak into parts of Chicago we haven't seen before along with a party like feel that made over three hours of riding both fun and exciting.    

Cateepoo before the ride.  

Alexander, Steve, and Cateepoo

Take off!

With my guy!

Mid-way resting point.

Ride is complete

Waiting for the sun to rise.
Rheumatoid arthritis results from this ride:  My wrists and shoulders were stiff and sore along the ride, but everyone else complained about the same thing, so perhaps it wasn't RA but just having my body in one position for too long.  Otherwise, no problems! My body feels strong!