Sunday, May 7, 2017

Self-Care with a Chronic Illness: Soak Up the Sun

It's Arthritis Awareness Month! This month I am challenging you to take a little time each day and practice better self-care. Each day in May, I plan to share one simple way you can show yourself some love and appreciation.

Soak Up the Sun. For me, sitting on our backyard swing with my head tilted towards the sun and my eyes closed is magical. I feel like the sun reaches down and hands me my own personal dose of energy and love. It doesn't take long, just five minutes or so, and I feel reconnected with myself.

Healthline's What are the Benefits of Sunshine? shares that sun actually has the potential to release hormones that can calm and refocus us. They lift us up a bit.

Make today a day for you!

1 comment:

  1. I think sunshine is the best. I mean especially when I am riding my bicycle. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete