Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Simplest Things

"I find relaxation, enjoyment, and healing in the simplest things in life."

Yesterday morning I woke up, made a cup of tea, and headed back to bed to read for just "a little bit". "A little bit" turned into seven hours! For the first time in over a week my body was feeling some relief from this flare and laying in bed actually felt good. Plus, I LOVE being able to read a book from start to finish in one setting. The situation was too perfect not to take advantage of - Steve was playing guitar downstairs, Izzy was relaxed, and I knew the kids would be more than happy to sleep in. I had no immediate responsibilities and I felt like I deserved to indulge in this get away.

As I ran out of tea, I took a break to refill and then headed back up, not feeling guilty at all. In fact, each time I made it back to bed I felt giddy with excitement about both the book I was reading and the fact that I wasn't doing anything except exactly what I wanted to be doing. It felt like when I played hooky from school. I always loved that feeling.

My book is finished and now this morning I plan on taking advantage of my body being able to move with some freedom by putting away laundry, cleaning the bathrooms and maybe even taking Izzy for a walk. Then, tonight both kids are at a birthday sleepover so I have a date night planned with Steve! I feel all smiley inside!

Sending lots of healing thoughts your way!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your date night! I understand being able to just lay in bed! What a wonderful day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing when we have one of those days? I'm glad that you're getting a break. Have a good date night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect day! I, too, indulged in some serious reading and relaxation at our cabin this weekend. I feel much more refreshed mentallly.

    Enjoy your date ;)

    ReplyDelete