Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Not" Back To School Picnic and More Bragging

Today the kids and I celebrated another year of homeschooling at an annual NOT Back To School picnic.

Many friends have been posting pictures of their kid's first day of school on Facebook. This is our "NOT back to school" photo taken before leaving for the picnic.

Sophia on the zipline.

Alexander inside this awesome teepee built by the hosting family.

Sophia and a few friends.

Alexander and a few friends.

This is me sitting in the grass with my good friend Helen. (He-he, I am so proud of myself. No chair needed for these joints today. I absolutely love sitting on the ground.)

And yes, that is me on the zip-line!

Today I shared with some friends how absolutely wonderful I have felt lately. They know the struggle I have gone through and all that I have tried. It felt good sharing with them and knowing that they sincerely feel happy for me. Homeschooling has been good not only my kids, but also for me. I have met some of the best friends ever!

4 comments:

  1. Not-back-to-school is a great idea. Looks like you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like this was a wonderful event. The zip line looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,

    I'm a new reader of your blog, and definitely a new fan :) Since Maya posted a link to your page, I've read through many of your entries and just wanted to say that you have a wonderful way of expressing so many complex feelings/issues/emotions, and I really connected with so much of it.
    I'm extremely hesitant about medications-something Maya has definitely helped me confront-and it really was comforting to know I'm not the only one who has had a prescription printed out, sitting on the kitchen bench, and struggling to take the step of actually getting the medication (in my case, Methotrexate). That was a year ago and I'm still not taking anything, but I'm worried about the possibility of long-term damage, so I know I have to do something.

    I will definitely continue reading your wonderful blog-I enjoy hearing about your lovely family too, they seem amazing!

    Love & best wishes,

    Kate Brabon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm Socks, We did have a great time. I just love that we have been given this opportunity to educate our kids.

    RA GUY, Was I impressive on the zip line or what? I really wanted to go back later in the day but the line was fairly long. :)

    Kate, you absolutely made my day. Thanks so much for your comment and for reading my blog. There are several of us out here who really hesitate when it comes to medications. You know what is right for you right now and if/when the time comes to add the meds, you will know.

    ReplyDelete