Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Quiet Thoughts: A New Cateepoo Blog

When I originally started this blog in 2008, I didn't really know what I was going to write about. I didn't really even understand what a blog was. I just knew I needed to write and my journal didn't seem to fulfill me anymore. I was struggling with my rheumatoid arthritis at the time so I knew I would include that, but otherwise, I wasn't sure. My blog was a way to work out a lot of feelings and changes I needed to make in my life. I had started using more natural cosmetics and household products at the time, I had decided to stop coloring my hair, I realized I struggled with asking for help or making my needs known, and my kids were becoming homeschooled tweens. A lot was going on. My blog provided a safe place to make sense of all these thoughts swarming in my head.

With Facebook and Twitter, I have been fortunate to join rheumatoid arthritis communities outside of my blog and something I have learned is that it might be better to keep The Life and Adventures of Cateepoo blog focused 100% on rheumatoid arthritis so that people know what they are getting when they visit. So, while I am devoting this blog to rheumatoid arthritis and other health related issues, I have decided to start another  blog focused on all the other miscellaneous thoughts I have. I will be sharing thoughts on family, society, education, midlife, and occasionally politics. I hope to see more of you here at The Life and Adventures of Cateepoo and also at my new addition Quiet Thoughts.  Please feel free to leave comments. Even after eight years of blogging, I get giddy when I see a comment from a reader. And if you have been following me for a while, you might be interested to read today's post on Letting Go: Graduation which shares my thoughts about my youngest graduating from high school tomorrow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment