Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Self-Care with a Chronic Illness: Essential Oils

It's Arthritis Awareness Month! This month I am challenging you to take a little time each day and practice better self-care. Each day in May, I plan to share one simple way you can show yourself some love and appreciation.

Essential Oils. On days that I need a little pick-me-up, I turn to essential oils and one of my two diffusers. I have an assortment of scents and let my mood dictate which one I will use. Sometimes I prepare the diffuser before leaving the house so when I return I can instantly get it going.

  • Orange and lemon are motivating as you clean the house
  • Peppermint or Eucalyptus invigorate as you bathe or soothe a sick body
  • Lavender is wonderful as you prepare for bed or sit to read a good book
  • Frankincense, one of my favorites, is known for assisting in relief from stress 
  • Try mixing oils or buying a premixed variety 
  • Essential oils are fabulous in your homemade cleaning products!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment