Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Alexander and Sophia have a tradition of carving a pumpkin with Steve.  This year they each decided to do their own instead of one.  I think they turned out pretty cute.





Here is Alexander.  He is "Splicer" from the videogame Bioshock.




My little devil.  



This year my kids hosted the Halloween party at our house.  Together they "trick or treated" and then came back to eat chili (I made a Paleo chili and a vegetarian chili.  I think I was successful at not mixing the meat chili spoon with the vegetarian), chicken ziti, chips, cookies and of course lots of candy.   Luckily for Steve and me, many of the parents stayed for the evening.  We REALLY enjoyed ourselves.  I am doing a pretty good job at eliminating sugar and gave the Norcal Margarita a try.  Delicious!!!


This was after "trick or treating".  This is one of my favorite parts of the evening when the kids organize their candy in their own unique ways and then the trading begins. 














RA Update:  We had some crazy high winds last week in Chicago.  Although my heart loved the winds as they reminded me of Kansas, my joints weren't very happy with them.  I had that intense flare in my right shoulder, my left wrist was swollen and in lots of pain and my fingers swelled up.  Oh, my knee and feet were included in all of this too.  For some odd reason I didn't panic, I didn't feel depressed, and I wasn't scared.  I have been feeling so good lately that I just knew this flare was a temporary situation and I needed to remain calm and like the winds, it would pass.  And it did.