Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blogiversary "Small Talk"

The blogiversary party continues. As guests of Sherry's party, today we are having "small talk" about shopping. How appropriate since I have been doing a little of that recently.
1. Where is your favorite place to shop?
For myself, I love Eddie Bauer. They carry a great selection of "petite" sizes online and everything I have ever bought from there fits me comfortably and lasts forever. I have two summer dresses I have been wearing for the last eight years (a lot) and they are still in great shape. (By the way, they are having a 20% off sale right now if you buy a pair of pants.)

2. Would you rather shop on-line or in the stores?
Definitely online. I hate to shop in stores. I think I have some sort of attention disorder in a store. Plus, I would rather pay shipping charges to return items than look at myself naked in those mirrors. I always think, "Surely that is not how I look....Please don't let that be how I look." Plus, I like waiting for the package to arrive. Even though I know what it is, it feels like a gift is arriving just for me!

3. If you needed new undergarments, but you saw something you didn't really need but just wanted, which would you buy?
Sadly for my credit card, I would buy both.

4. What really annoys you about other shoppers?
I think it is really rude to talk on your cell phone while you are being checked out at the register. I think it is insulting to the clerk and there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to do it.

5. Have you ever got up to the checkout stand and had a ton of stuff in your cart and after they rang everything up you realized you didn’t have your money, check book, debit card, or credit cards?
Gosh, I don't think so. Maybe one time when we were first married we went shopping and I had to remove groceries from the cart because we didn't have enough money,but that's all I can think of for now.

6. If you buy something that isn’t necessary or something just for fun do you feel like you have to justify it to yourself or your partner?
I have to justify to myself. Steve is very supportative about buying things for myself. Three years ago we were in a car accident after bike riding and the brakes and gears on my bike were fried. We took it in for repairs but discovered it would cost almost as much as a new bike to do all of the repairs. So, I have been riding the same bike with only a few gears and reminders from Steve every year that I need a new bike. It just seems like a lot of money to spend on myself. However, Labor Day weekend I decided it was time to get a new bike. I got a great deal on a Contessa 40 by Scott. She is pink and gray, comes with a shock and the gears are so easy to change! The first day we bought it I felt really guilty. However, I have justified it as my reward for sticking to my "med free" routine and having a month without any flare-ups from my rheumatoid arthritis! Honestly, the shock is helpful because it doesn't rattle my wrists around as much and the brakes are closer together so my fingers don't have to work as hard. What can I say? I love her.

7. Do you hide those unnecessary things for awhile and then later claim you’ve had them for a long time?
No. I have a great husband who has never minded when I buy things. Overall, I don't buy a lot for myself or the kids. So, when I do buy, it isn't that big of a deal.

4 comments:

  1. Shopping is a weakness of mine, all kids of shopping, I am not biased! Great post.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment about me on my blog mom. >:( I haqve my OWN site now so I don't have time for blogs there old stuff to me mom :)

    HA HA HA HA Ha!!
    Sophia >:(



    P.S. I still like blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh girl! You better watch out and get back to blogging with me. Momma misses her little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear your good news!! Why is it we feel quilty? I hardly buy anything for myself. It's usually craft stuff, but I still feel guilty.....for a few minutes anyway. I'm glad you got a new bike and that your able to get out and ride with Steve and the kids! You go girl!!

    Love ya,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete