Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Simplest Things

"I find relaxation, enjoyment, and healing in the simplest things in life."
- Louise Hay

Life often piles a lot of stress on us at one time and it is easy to forget to stop and enjoy the "simple" things that bring us so much relaxation, enjoyment, and healing.

~All four of us were busy with various activities and responsibilities this week so it was nice to take a long car ride together last night in Steve's new (used) car with the windows open and the music blaring. He has been driving an old junker for a long time and it felt good to see his excitement about the new car and to know that I am helping to contribute to it by adding on an additional class for a while.

~With our busy schedules I haven't seen much of Steve during the week which I really don't like. On Saturday morning we both just happened to wake up around 2:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. It was nice to have that quiet time together without any interruptions (well, other than Izzy who kept trying to lay in between us for pets).

~Friday was rough for me for many reasons and when Steve came home he gave me a huge hug. When he wraps his arms around me, I feel all the stress moving out of my body.
~On Friday I went to lunch with a good friend. We spend time together but usually with our kids nearby. It was really nice to go out alone and talk. Thanks Leanne for listening!

~I am starting the Body Ecology Diet on Tuesday. Yesterday I met my friend Olif at Whole Foods where we discussed fermented veggies, coconut water kefir and our menu. Olif is in school right now to be a naturopath and with her busy schedule I don't see her as often anymore. I really enjoyed getting together yesterday and today we are meeting again at an Asian store to pick up some more things. It will be encouraging to have her on the diet with me.

~This morning my mind feels clear and I feel excited about new changes coming my way. I have nuts soaking, coconut water fermenting for my kefir and veggies in the refrigerator ready to be cut and fermented. I dreamed about fermented veggies last night. I am taking that as a good sign. Whenever I think about this diet, I see myself sitting crossed legged. That is my big goal. I am so excited to get started!!!

Any "simple" things that happened to you this week that added to your relaxation, enjoyment and healing?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    I have not heard of the body ecology diet specifically but looked it up now and see that it boasts the following:

    The addition of cultured foods to your diet

    Changing the quality of fats and oils you consume

    Drastically reducing your intake of carbohydrates and sugars

    Sounds like the right things to me.
    Looking forward to reading more about it.

    Sandra
    The Arthritis Kitchen Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny Cathy, I am reading Joyce Meyers book '100 Things To Simplify Your Life.' With the kids yesterday, we cleaned out our pantry and WOW! I feel better knowing what is in it, tossed some expired foods out and found things I didn't know we had! Wrote some real (not Email) letters to family!
    You sound like you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to learning from you. Any recipes to share?

    Now simple things...today I drove into town all by myself to pick up my supplements. I enjoyed letting my mind clear with nothing to do but drive and listen to some nice music.
    Sometimes it does feel like the clutter and laundry etc. start to swallow me up and I need simple things to focus me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Arthritis Kitchen,
    Yes, you have summed up the diet pretty well. I will be posting about my progress with the diet. I am excited.

    Jean,
    I cleaned out our refrigerator today. It was a little scary. It does feel good when you are done, right?

    Debbie,
    I will have some recipes after I experiment first. I have been busy watching videos and realizing how much kitchen equipment I don't have.
    Your solo drive sounds relaxing. I hope you were able to visit a little when picking up your supplements. You are lucky to have a friend in your practitioner. Thanks for sharing.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the book all I need to do is find time to read it. Hopefully, I can pick up a few things from it.

    That said, and this may come out sounding horrible but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles. You are truly the most positive person that I know dealing with RA and complimentary treatment...and even when you are down you still amaze me with your calm and serenity.

    You make me want to handle my RA in the same way. To honor my body and find out exactly what it is that makes me tick.

    I thank you for the gift, learning to be kind to myself and my body while I'm having difficult times has been awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to being able to cross your legs!! (I'm holding my cup up)

    :)
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete