Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips

The other day on Facebook I entered into a conversation my sister Sherry posted on pumpkin muffins. I mentioned I have a really good recipe for gluten free muffins that are loved by everyone - gluten free or not! It was asked that I share the recipe here. Enjoy!

Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
¾ cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ cup maple syrup or honey
½ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons molasses
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup cooking oil
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
½ teaspoon allspice
¾ cup brown rice flour
½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
½ cup potato starch (I use quinoa flour)
½ cup raisins (I use chocolate chips)
1/3 cup tapioca flour Cooking spray or paper liners

Preheat oven to 350. Spray standard 12-muffin pan with cooking spray/oil or paper liners. Combine pumpkin, maple syrup, molasses, oil, egg and vinegar in large mixing bowl. Beat on low until very, very smooth – about 1 minute.

Combine remaining ingredients (except nuts and raisins or chocolate chips) and add to pumpkin mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened. Stir in nuts and raisins/chocolate chips. Transfer batter to prepared muffin pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serves 12

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting hungry just thinking about hot pumpkin muffins!

    I like that you use quinoa flour instead of the potato starch. I had been trying to figure out a replacement and just last night wondered how quiona would work and now I see your recipe! I will have to try it too.

    ReplyDelete