Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School As a Teacher Diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis

Starting back to school as a teacher diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis always comes with some apprehension.  As a teacher, I am on stage for four to five hours at a time and all attention is on ME.   If I show signs of rheumatoid arthritis through limping or not being able to lift a classroom book without trouble, I get questions from my concerned students.  To read more visit my contributing post at  MyRACentral.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you can begin this new year with confidence. As I read, I soaked in all you do to handle the situations that might come up and thought of how I might adapt them for myself. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie. It is exciting having my health back. After almost a year now I still keep stopping and thinking, "Is this really happening?" It is so wonderful. Thanks for being such a great support to me on this journey. Your friendship has helped tremendously and is one of the things I appreciate about having RA. Without it we wouldn't have ever met.

    ReplyDelete