Sunday, August 9, 2009

Change is Hard

Change is hard. Sometimes you know it is time to make the changes and in your heart you know they will benefit you in the long run, but it doesn't make those changes any easier.

This morning I was a little frustrated with my husband because of some changes we are trying to make. Fortunately, I needed to walk Izzy which always gives me time to reflect on my day, relationships and life in general. I realized that I am expecting Steve to make changes that I have not yet made myself. I guess I don't want to be the first to change, although I don't have any problem giving him a hard time for not making the changes himself.

The changes we are making are going to be a challenge for us right now but in the long run they will benefit all of us. I have a good guy and I just need to learn to be patient with him and myself. Change is not easy for anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand how you are feeling! I do the same thing with Earl.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete